1. Why did you originally get involved with YO?
I attended YLF, and volunteered at DMC.
2. What did you gain from being a part of YO?
I really got to see some of the disability history work they did and got to help with presentations.
3. Would you do it again if you could? Why?
Yes I would. I just like to help other people. I’m able to develop my sense of empowerment as well as broaden my horizon by interacting with different individuals.
4. Would you refer or recommend a youth to YO!?
Yes and I have!
5. What was the best part of being a YO! Volunteer or YAC member?
Being able to see the different projects going on by just being involved in the community.
6. How would you describe YO! to a friend?
YO! focuses on education and empowerment around various types of disabilities.
7. What have you accomplished since you completed your Volunteer with time YO! or time on the YAC?
I interned for a local organization on my college campus. I am finishing up a B.A. in psychology on track to graduate this summer.