Youth Organizing (YO!) Disabled & Proud
The programs of the Service Center for Independent Life (SCIL), Marin Center for Independent Living (MCIL) and California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
YO! Disabled & Proud is CFILC’s statewide youth program that is focused on connecting, educating and organizing youth with disabilities ages 16-28 throughout California. YO! offers youth leadership opportunities, youth social change campaign opportunities, youth specific trainings, youth activities developed by youth for youth and job readiness skill building through YO! Volunteer Corp. To learn more visit our website:www.yodisabledproud.org
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Youth Organizer the YO! Volunteer will engage in youth organizing campaigns, promote the YO! Disabled and Proud program.
- Assist in organizing of activities related to CFILC’s Youth Organizing! Disabled & Proud program.
- Assist in organizing events that are youth led and youth driven, such as summits, community forums, trainings and leadership events.
- Assist in collecting youth input for projects and campaigns.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Assist in developing website materials and social media content.
- Bolster social network presence for youth organizing activities within your local community.
- Assist in maintaining the local social network for youth.
- Assist in other marketing and public relations tasks such as:
- Social Media Outreach
- Assist in answering the YO! 411 Hotline.
- Other emerging volunteer assignments as needed.
- Youth with a disability between the ages of 16 -28.
- Ability to communicate with other youth and adults with disabilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to ask for assistance and support when needed.
- Ability to research, plan and provide information to youth about local resources and events.
- Ability to operate in a computer-based office environment.
- Ability to commitment 16 hours minimum per month for one year.
STIPEND: $100/per month
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply online at: http://www.yodisabledproud.org/volunteer/become-volunteer.php