1. Why did you originally get involved with YO?
YO presented the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skills.
2. What did you gain from being a part of YO?
It helped me develop professional and leadership skill. It taught me what it meant to be an advocate and what it takes to make a difference. Through YO, I also gained a deeper understanding of what it is to be a person with a disability, which helped me proudly identify as one.
3. Would you do it again if you could? Why?
With no hesitation, I will do it again! YO! offers so much, I didn’t get a chance to experience all of it.
4. Would you refer or recommend a youth to YO!?
I highly recommended YO to all youth who want to learn more about disability culture, and for those want to make a positive change in the way society treats and views people with disabilities.
5. What was the best part of being a YO! Volunteer or YAC member?
Making friends and learning from each other. The Stipend was nice too. LoL
6. How would you describe YO! to a friend?
YO! will open your eyes to a world few people know very little about. It will help you develop the skills required to make a change in your community!
7. What have you accomplished since you completed your Volunteer with time YO! or time on the YAC?
I have transferred to the University of California Irvine, from where I will be graduating with my BS in Neuroscience. I have applied to Ph.D programs and I am currently interviewing.